|General Information||College Archives||Church of the Brethren Archives|
|The Special Collections contain about 3000
and over 200 glass plate negatives. The majority of these photographs document the history of the college from its founding in 1899 to the present.
Around 500 of the photographs document the history of the
Church of the Brethren in eastern Pennsylvania.
The glass plate negatives were taken by J. G. Francis.
The High Library has
digitized the photographs and glass plate negatives to preserve all of these images. The Church of the Brethren
photographs and glass plate negatives are presently available on the Internet through the
Pennsylvania Digital Respository.
A searchable photograph catalog listing the
images held in the Special Collections is available in the High Library.
Searches may be done by the staff or by patrons who come to the library. To use the digital photograph collection, or to obtain further information,
patrons should contact
Peter DePuydt at 717-361-1453 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org from
From mid-May through August, please contact Elizabeth Young at 717-361-1456 or email
Ella Booz (left) and Ruth Bucher, 1918
|Return to Special Collections||Return to the High Library|
Copyright © Elizabethtown College 2007. All rights
Peter DePuydt email@example.com