Engines for French Language Sites
French Language Search Engines and Portals-- Abondance, Google France, Yahoo! France
Internet broadcasts in French are
accessible through the International Radio and Television
page of this WWW Virtual Library: International Affairs
• Bonjour de France-- "Un « cyber-magazine » éducatif gratuit contenant des exercices, des tests et des jeux pour apprendre le français ainsi que des fiches pédagogiques à l’attention des enseignants de français langue étrangère."
• Documentation française-- "La
Documentation française est une direction d’administration
centrale des services du Premier ministre, placée sous
l’autorité du Secrétaire général du Gouvernement... exerce
une mission de service public en matière d’information
générale sur l’actualité politique, administrative,
économique et sociale française, étrangère et
Interactif!-- Online French course "developed at the
University of Texas at Austin in the Department of French
and Italian. A result of over ten years of collaboration
between academic and technical professionals..."
• French Courses-- From the Open
Learning Initiative at Carnegie Mellon University,
Elementary French I and II, free online "carefully
sequenced and highly interactive presentation of French
language and culture in a media-rich course environment
including new video shot in France and Quebec with young
• French Language-- About.com's
colorful and helpful guide to things French.
• French Language Guide-- French language facts, culture, grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, tests, and more.
• H-France Discussion Network-- "Provides an electronic [scholarly] forum
covering all aspects of the history and culture of the
Francophone world [and] offers a repository of resources
and links which historians and students of French history
and culture may find useful."
a Language: French-- From Visual Link Languages,
"created by the U.S. Institute of Languages... to help
people bridge communication gaps and to give back to the
world in which we live." Includes vocabulary, phrases,
dictionary, cultural notes, blog, and forum.
• Learn French
Online for Free-- "Our free French courses are an
online adaptation of the FSI French basic course. We
propose 2 main courses: French for beginners and
Intermediate French. Each course includes 12 free french
Offers helpful "verb conjugation resources, grammar
lessons, vocabulary lists... with audio, translations,
practice quizzes and more" in French.
France, Learn French-- Insightful blog about France,
the French language, and learning French.
• TypeIt.org-- "This page allows you
to easily type French accents and other French characters
without a French keyboard. You can edit your text in the
box and then copy it to your document, e-mail message,
• Vocabulix-- Learn French free online, with vocabulary lessons, conjugation tables, verb drills, grammar tips, and dictionary.