Abroad 101-- "The first and largest study abroad review website," with a huge "directory of study abroad programs, offering students and administrators [free] access to evaluation data collected directly from students." Select a program and check out the features and evaluations of that option. Partnerships with colleges and universities are offered.
Center for Global Education-- Major international resource center at the UCLA Graduate School of Education and Information Studies promotes and improves the study abroad experience in cooperation with universities and other organizations worldwide. Posts student study abroad handbooks and many practical guides and tips about study abroad generally, of use to students, faculty, and administrators of all nationalities.
"aspiring students and education-minded professionals
make better, more informed choices by providing them
with relevant, reliable and up-to-date information
about college and higher education opportunities," in
the United States and around the world.
Corner College Search Database-- Comprehensive
and detailed database with "information and data on
over 7,000 U.S. colleges, universities and higher
education institutions... provided directly by each
individual college via annual surveys sponsored by
state and federal government agencies."
Educations.com-- "Search engine for education abroad, aimed at students and potential students worldwide who wish to study abroad... search for university, college and language education around the world, as well as find more information on specific countries, and get into contact with others in a similar situation..." Also posts a "series of free guides online, providing information regarding studies in a variety of countries worldwide."
GoAbroad.com-- "Committed to
providing the most comprehensive international
education and alternative travel databases... [a]
one-stop information center for students wishing to
travel internationally... In addition to some of the
largest directories of their kind on the Internet,
GoAbroad.com provides extensive additional information
within its dynamically constructed Travel Guides,
currency converter, and Embassy directories."
Institute of International Education--
A world-class source on
study abroad, IIE conducts statistical and policy
research and provides information on international
study and work opportunities. including about the
Fulbright Program. Their Open Doors section contains much
online information about international student
mobility in the United States and the world. The IIE
Passport is a well-refined search engine for
thousands of IIE study abroad program listings, from
many organizations, to match user needs and interests
closely with programs.
Studyabroad.com-- A major directory for study abroad information, to search programs by country, time of year, experiential, college, high school, language, etc. Includes listings for thousands of study abroad programs in more than 100 countries throughout the world, travel information, and pictures. Also provides related travel, health, and safety information and the very useful online Study Abroad Student Guide as well as other guides.
Study Abroad Domain-- "Created to help make the process of planning a study abroad experience easier." Covers a wide range, including choosing the length of a study abroad experience, joining an international volunteer or work-study program, being well-prepared for an overseas trip, and choosing the most exciting and educational location to visit.
Intercultural Programs-- "A non-profit volunteer
based educational organization offering exchanges for
students, young adults and teachers in over 50
countries around the world." Open to applicants from
many countries, for exchange among many countries,
with offices in many countries, accessible through
• American Institute for Foreign Study-- Organizes intercultural exchanges worldwide. "Founded in 1964, the American Institute for Foreign Study is one of the oldest, largest and most respected cultural exchange organizations in the world."
Professional Schools of International Affairs--
"Comprises 60+ schools in the Americas, Asia, and
Europe dedicated to the improvement of professional
education in international affairs and the advancement
thereby of international understanding, prosperity,
peace, and security." Information about APSIA, its
member schools and affiliates, and international
affairs study and career opportunities.
of Universities and Colleges of Canada--
Information on Canadian higher education and exchange
and study abroad opportunities in that country.
Study Abroad-- Provides fully accredited study
abroad opportunities for either a semester or an
academic year in many countries. Courses, calendar
year, and subsequent transcripts are compatible with
most American colleges and universities.
• Campus France-- "Under the
oversight of the French government and in close
cooperation with institutions of higher education and
their associations... promotes French higher education
programs throughout the world, offering international
students a pathway to success through post-secondary
study in France... from home country to host country
and from answering prospective students' first
inquiries right down to helping them plan their stay
in France and their return home."
Board-- Official information about the
Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), required for admission
by many American colleges and universities, and about
preparing for American college admission generally.
• College Navigator-- From
the National Center for Education Statistics of the
U.S. Department of Education, a data bank of
information on thousands of colleges and universities
in the United States, with links to their Web sites.
• Complete University Guide-- A
thorough and wide-ranging guide for those students
interested in applying to universities in the United
Kingdom, "managed by Constable and Robinson in
collaboration with Mayfield University Consultants and
the University of Sheffield."
on International Educational Exchange-- A nonprofit, nongovernmental
organization, one of the world's leading international
exchange program services for study and work abroad.
Posts information about international study and CIEE
for International Exchange of Scholars-- From
the private organization that works with the U.S.
government in administering the Fulbright Scholar
Program, information on Fulbright awards, for both
American faculty and professionals seeking to go
overseas and non-U.S. faculty and professionals
seeking to go to the U.S.
• Education UK-- Website "produced
by the British Council to help international students
interested in studying for a UK course or
• Federation EIL--
The worldwide network of The Experiment in
International Living, an international nonprofit
organization promoting intercultural learning through
homestays, educational group travel, study abroad,
language training, au pair, and other cultural
immersion programs in many countries.
• Financial Times Business School
Rankings-- From the Financial Times of
London, rankings of business programs worldwide,
especially MBA programs--"the best management
Academic Exchange Service-- The main German
sponsor of student and professor exchange between
Germany and other countries, internationalization of
education, promotion of German studies overseas, and
German educational cooperation with developing
countries-- the best source on study, research, and
teaching in Germany, with information on and
applications for each program.
"Provides first jobs and internships all over Europe,
university reviews and ratings by international
graduates, Erasmus and exchange students, and language
course deals and reviews."
• i-studentglobal-- "An essential resource for prospective international students, their parents and the counsellors that guide them through the whole process... the definitive resource for international students."
Association of International Educators--
"Promotes the exchange of students and scholars to and
from the United States. Our members share a belief
that international educational exchange advances
learning and scholarship, builds respect among
different peoples and encourages constructive
leadership in a global community."
• Schools in Canada-- "Provides international students with information on studying in Canada," covering secondary schools, colleges and universities, and language courses, plus other relevant information.
• StudyOverseas.com-- Comprehensive information for students worldwide who are considering study in another country-- databases of colleges seeking international students, college search facilities, media, newsletter, country advice, and articles from leading journals on international education.
• Studying in Germany-- Guide and articles with "news, tips and advice about studying in Germany and scholarship opportunities."
• TOEFL-- Official website of Test of English as a Foreign Language programs and services, with tutorials, sample questions, study materials, and downloadable publications.
• Top Universities-- "With a mission to help international students find their ideal universities to study abroad... hosts a range of tools to help you find your dream higher education destination." Note the QS World University Rankings, "the most trusted university ranking in the world, [now including] university fees information."
• Transitions Abroad-- Guide to
practical information on affordable alternatives to
mass tourism: living, working, studying, or
vacationing alongside the people of the host country,
with work abroad-related publications, resources,
program listings, and articles.
Worldwide-- Database of universities around the
world, with links to thousands of universities in over
• Which? University-- "Independent source of information and advice to help find the right degree course and university in the UK, featuring a simple-to-use search tool that filters course results on the things that matter most to you, real-life student insights from nearly 300 UK universities and colleges, plus expert advice on everything from applications to student finance."
• World Learning-- A leading group of organizations promoting international educational exchange, including the School for International Training, College Semester Abroad, the Experiment in International Living, Executive English, U.S. Language Homestays, Professional Development Training, and Projects in International Development and Training.
• Cross-Cultural Solutions-- Non-profit American volunteer organization that works to empower local communities, foster cultural sensitivity and understanding, and contribute grassroots solutions to the global challenges of providing health care, education, and social development. Short and long-term volunteer placements are available in Latin America, Africa, Asia, and Eastern Europe.
• ESL Jobs World-- Connects English teachers with employers from around the world to help English teachers find jobs quickly and connect with employers easily. The site is free for both teachers and employers.
Guide to Teaching English as a Foreign Language--
From i-to-i, useful
tips in PDF about seeking employment as an ESL or EFL
teacher, worldwide. Also see their free Teach
English Abroad brochure.
Global clearinghouse of nonprofit and volunteering
resources, listing thousands of nonprofit and
community organizations in scores of countries,
searchable by name, location or mission, with much
information on job, internship, and volunteer
Combination social network and jobsite for young
professionals and students to browse through many
challenging international job and internship offers
from prestigious employers and to create a
professional profile for international recruiters and
for networking with peers around the globe.
and work abroad, featuring a job database searchable
by keywords or locations.
• Oxford Seminars-- Provides "the
most professional, internationally recognized, and
convenient... Teacher Training Certification Course
for teaching English abroad." The site has a great
amount of free content about certification, job
search, country information, directory of schools,
preparing to teach and travel abroad, etc.
• Projects Abroad-- "One of the
largest volunteer abroad organizations in the world... We offer a diverse range of
international service projects, plus the opportunity
to become part of one of our volunteer communities
abroad." Offers staff presence overseas and close
in-country support for placements in many developing
Guide (Employment Opportunities and Job Resources on
the Internet)-- Widely-used source "to guide you
through the many online sites and services that are
useful for your job search." Look under various
"international" topical headings in the A-Z Keyword Index.
• United Planet-- International non-profit organization that offers volunteer opportunities from one week to a year in 35 countries around the world in a wide range of projects. Programs are open to skilled and unskilled volunteers, and to groups or individuals.